Friday, December 26, 2008

In Turkey

I have been in Turkey since December 16th.
The first flight from Corpus to Houston was delayed due to rain, the Lufthansa flight from Houston was held up for a few hours and only after German Shepards searched the 747 and the passenger queue. I missed my conecting flight from Frankfurt to Munich and instead found a direct flight with Sun Express. I arrived in Turkey and left the terminal to look for a payphone to call my contact. There were no pay phones outside so I had to go explain why I was returning and went through security. After finding a payphone I discovered that they do not take cash or coins. Most stores were closed but I finally found one who sold me a phone card. I spent a good deal of time dialing my contact's number with no luck, finally, the woman who sold me the card helped me use the pay phone and I finaly told my friend I arrived.

Finding the proper bus downtown also involved asking a number of people... it seems that less people speak English than the impression that I got from what I had read. Nevertheless, I wound up downtown and my friend boarded the coach to find me after I failed to get off at the proper stop. The End.

No comments: