Monday, September 15, 2008

How odd

Still in Philadelphia for a few more weeks...

I headed over to see The Kooks busking on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania today. I missed them, I was too late so I got a burrito and a latte and called it a day.

On my way back on "Locus Walk", which has pedestrian bridge over 38th Street, I saw a man in the bicycle lane of a major 4-lane road wearing a matching brown Dashiki and a Kufi hat in an electric wheelchair/mobility scooter with PA system broadcasting very loudly Ben E King's Stand By Me which he sung along with on the PA. Many people in the right turn lane were honking at him as he passed them waiting in line.

It was very surreal. I tried to catch up with but by the time I got off the bridge and to the intersection where I had seen him last, he was nowhere to be found.

Update:
According to a friend, he is 'everywhere' and brought his soul-singing mobility scooter to Northern Liberties wearing a red suit where he hung out near my friend's old apartment for hours.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's not necessary to talk about yourself in 3rd person, you know

T.S.Drown said...

Are you saying that I am a mobility-impaired scooter-bound soul-singing dashiki-wearing traffic-obstructer?