Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ignite Philly

Last night I went to IgnitePhilly 2 last night at Johnny Brenda's, a bar and venue in Fishtown.

"If you had five minutes on stage what would you say? What if you only got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds?"

That is what Ignite Philly is. A group that I am a part of, the Drexel Smart House, presented at the event. A number of other interesting groups presented and the event was introduced by the founder of Half.com and venture capitalist Josh Kopelman

Before I left West Philadelphia for Fishtown, I changed the inter tube of my rear wheel. I apparently didn't tighten both wheel nuts tight enough, because after about a mile my wheel came out of alignment and started rubbing against the frame. I went to a service station to ask to borrow a wrench but the man who worked said the garage was closed and all the tools were away. There was a many inflating his bike tires at the air pump, I asked him if he had a wrench. He told me no and looked at my problem. He then proceeded to kick my wheel into alignment. I thanked him and that solved the problem for about a minute. After two blocks I asked a young guy getting out of his car if he had an adjustable wrench. He said he "just might" and instead found a pair of pliars with teeth for using it on nuts and bolts.


A local 8-bit music group played Gameboys for intermission.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: