Sunday, November 23, 2008

What I've been up to

Somehow, after planning to be abroad on an internship which has yet materialize, I wound up turning what was supposed to be a brief visit to South Texas into a two month stay. While being unemployed and car-less and not knowing anyone here less than twice my age, it's hasn't been an absolute waste, it's just been mostly a waste.

Read:
  • Maximum City (2004:Suketu Mehta)
  • Commanding Heights: The Battle for the World Economy - I'm halfway (1998:Daniel Yergin and Joseph Stanislaw)
  • Snakes and Ladders: Glimpses of Modern India - I'm halfway, I thought I was going to India for a while (1997:Gita Mehta)

Visited:
  • The dentist (twice)
  • The doctor (twice)
  • My Brother
Activities:

Watched:

Acquired
  • A new laptop, an Eee PC 1000H netbook
  • Motorola S9 bluetooth Stereo headphones
  • External Hard Drive case for my old laptop hard drive
  • External DVD/writer drive
  • a dozen books at excellent Texan used book store chain, Half Priced Books

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you say you've done nothing, but you have done alot! The Motorcycle Diaries is SOOOO good.
Love you tons, Tyler.
L

T.S.Drown said...

I'm glad I didn't post my review of Motorcycle Diaries, then.